Re: [Proposal] merge optional Python3 support

Am Mo., 24. Sep. 2018 um 06:20 Uhr schrieb Thomas Pointhuber <
thomas.pointhuber@xxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I would consider merging Python3 into 5.1 mandatory now, after the
> following comment (It seems like Fedora 29 will ship KiCad without
> scripting support enabled due to Python2 dependency):
> * https://github.com/KiCad/fedora-packaging/pull/20#issuecomment-423963638
>
> It seems there is still Python2 in Fedora 29, but I suspect it to be
> present in Fedora 30 (Final freeze in April 2019). And I suspect even
> more that KiCad 6 will be ready at this time.

Good call.  I'll take back my previous comment.  Fedora 30 is doing a full
sweep of applications that only allow Python2 (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Mass_Python_2_Package_Removal).

We should merge this in the 5.1 branch as soon as the GAL port is pushed so
that we can iron out the various bugs that will undoubtedly arise with the
interpreter change.

-S