Re: Character limitations in names

We cannot change LIB_IDs until the new schematic file format is
implemented because the symbol LIB_ID is not saved as a quoted string.

In pcbnew, the footprint library name is the file name so that is all
together different issue.  We can quote file names like urls but we
still have to change the LIB_ID parsing and formatting to handle this in
the board file which would effectively require a file format change.

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this as part of v6 but maybe that was
before you joined the project.  Long story short, abandon the idea until
all the pieces are in place to implement it correctly.

Cheers,

Wayne