Re: GAL branch

On 04/10/18 20:04, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> Going forward, I think we might look at an official policy of only
> supporting OSs that are actively supported by their originators.  That
> would week out some older systems but reduce the testing load.  We could
> still provide compatible binaries but with no bug fixes if they are
> system-specific.

Seth,

I can't agree more with you. In particular, we should not give any
official support for non-mainstream Linux systems (unless there's a
person responsible for the particular distro in the Kicad team), instead
we could provide a Firefox-style binary package that is unpacked to /opt
and contains all dependencies in the known-to-work versions. Same
applies to really old Windows versions (e.g. pre-7 or pre-XP-SP3).

Cheers,
Tom