← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.0.1 status


Regarding libs.

I would need to run the script testing for incompatible changes with the current master. (I can do this as soon as i am home today. So in a few hours.) I already ran it at the end of August the changes that occurred until then are documented in [1]

As soon as i update that list somebody will need to decide if the changes are acceptable for being included. If not then 5.0.1 should continue to ship with the libs tagged as 5.0.0 (It would not make much sense to add a new tag onto the same commit. I would even argue that this might confuse users who would expect changes if a new tag is created.)

[1]: https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-symbols/issues/856#issuecomment-417592514

On 08/10/2018 15:24, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
I'm making a last call for any bug fixes that need to made to the 5.0
branch for the 5.0.1 release.  Please let me know if you have any
pending fixes before I tag 5.0.1.  I intend to tag this around 6PM EST
unless I hear otherwise.  How much time will our translators and
librarians need to tag 5.0.1?  Hopefully not too long so we can give our
packagers time to get release packages built.  I would like to make the
release announcement this coming weekend if at all possible.

I also intend to leave the 5.0.1 tag as the revision and set the source
archive version to 5.0.1-unknown so the -dev suffix will no longer be in
play moving forward which should make our packagers happy.



Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
Post to     : kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Follow ups