Re: Cairo printing

Le 09/10/2018 à 12:46, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> On 10/9/18 12:04 PM, jp charras wrote:
> [snip]
>> Hi Orson,
>>
>> The transparency issue (specific to Cairo render) is a minor issue (see
>> attached picture, especially the oval pad) on screen, but could be more
>> annoying on printed documents.
>
> Agreed, colors in printouts need to be opaque. I think the problem of
> different colors in overlapping areas could be solved, but Cairo
> documentation [1] says translucent colors are not supported on
> PostScript surfaces and will result in rasterized images. It is bizarre
> that I am not seeing this problem on Linux.

On Windows, I am guessing the pdf printer (like CutePDF) uses a
postscript based driver.
On Windows, postscript drivers + wxWidgets printing have a problem: the
lines like tracks (and oval pads) are draw as very thin lines, and
CutePDF has this problem.

On Linux, the pdf printer output is not rasterized.
If the PS printer output is rasterized, this is hard to see, because (at
least on my install) the zoom level does not really allow to see
pixelization on the screen.

By the way, with the Cairo printing, the PS output (and the PDF output)
does not exhibit any longer this problem and is fine (as long there are
no transparency).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS