Re: GAL canvas deadlock

Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 12:20 Uhr schrieb Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I pushed a change that keeps the error from happening for me.  It now
> makes sure it updates the GAL settings in the active window first and then
> any others.
>
> @Seth, if you want to look into it on your Mac, the change is in
> KIWAY::CommonSettingsChanged().

Hi Jeff-

I have concerns about this approach.  Since it seems to work, my guess is
that there is a locking time difference on the Mac that leads to this
issue.  I think that we need to fix the context locking mechanism as there
is clearly a way to lock a context and not unlock it after.

Do you see the locking issue when running a debug build or only in Release?

-Seth