← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.1


On 10/17/18 8:30 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Now that the Eeschema gal code has been merged into the development
> branch and things seem reasonably stable, we need to start thinking
> about the 5.1 release.  I would like to merge Thomas' python 3 code and
> Orson's cairo print code as soon as they are ready to go so we can get
> some additional testing.  Hopefully this will happen within the next
> week or so.  After about a month of bug fixing and polishing, I would
> like to tag rc1 around the Thanksgiving holiday.  The goal is to get 5.1
> released before FOSDEM 2019.  It will give me more good news to talk
> about during my presentation.
> Cheers,
> Wayne

To keep you updated: there is still one thing to be fixed in the
printing branch (bitmap scaling). I have already found the cause and I
am working on a proper fix. I think it should be ready to merge next
week, eeschema printing can come later.

I am also tempted to merge a recent Zoltant's patch adding an option to
control drill mark size. Let me know if that should wait for 6.0.


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Follow ups