Re: Net ties and copper DRC

Mark,

This only applies to a single footprint with graphical items on on
copper layers.  Clearances to all other copper not belonging to the
footprint will be checked.  This is not a common use of graphical
objects on footprint copper layers and was only done as a work around
because we don't have a formal net tie feature.

Adding a special net tie symbol naming scheme is a new feature which is
forbidden for 5.1 development and would be a complete waste of time
since we are going to implement net ties properly in version 6.  Version
5.1 is only to fix the wxwdigets/gtk3 and wxPython/gtk3 mess on newer
linux distros.  I would have rather not done a 5.1 release the current
situation hasn't really given us a much of a choice.  Version 5.1 will
not have any new features compared to 5.0.

Cheers,

Wayne