Re: Separated debug symbols

Hi Jean-Pierre,

On 10/27/18 11:18 AM, jp charras wrote:
[snip]
> I tested your patch without any issue on W7 32 bits and gdb.
>
> With -DBUILD_SMALL_DEBUG_FILES=ON option, the binaries are about 20 time
> smaller than without this option.

True, and there is still enough debug information to get an informative
backtrace. I recommend enabling the flag for .debug files we will provide.

> In fact on my 32 bits install, without this option, I cannot load pcbnew
> from Kicad or with gdb and load a medium complexity board: I am running
> out of memory.

I remember having this problem as well on 32 bits Windows XP too.

> In countries using a comma as FP separator, there is a problem:
> When loading a bitmap, and perhaps some config files, a wxASSERT is
> displayed (see attached copy)
> I tried to fix this wxWidgets alert, but no luck.

Has the assert appeared after applying the patch? I feel a bit puzzled
about how the two things might be related.

Cheers,
Orson