Re: 5.0.2 release

Am 2018-11-15 09:44, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
On 11/7/2018 11:26 AM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Am 2018-11-07 09:40, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get a feel for what is left before we can release 5.0.2. I'm hoping we can get this out soon because I would like to announce the
string freeze for 5.1 by Thanksgiving.  I noticed there are a few
outstanding critical bugs (although I believe one of them has already
been resolved) that need addressed.  I would like to move forward on
this in the next week or two.  Please let me know if this isn't feasible.

Hi Wayne-

I can fix the ratsnest this week.  The eagle import crash is, I think,
addressed already by the packaging.

The KDE error [1] is a bit less tractable.  It is a bad interaction
between our data and Klipper (the KDE clipboard manager) and possibly
the secondary plasma clipboard.  A real fix here may be simple and it is
eluding me or we may need to selectively disable the clipboard for KDE
window managers. I should know more this weekend.

-S

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800648

Hey Seth,

Any luck trying to fix the ratsnest issue?  I am less concerned about
the KDE clipboard issue.  Trying to get kicad to work well on every
linux window manager is a never ending task.  I'm not saying we
shouldn't fix it if we have time but at some point we have to cut our
losses.  Linux users can always log out and run a gnome desktop if they
need to use kicad until we find time to get it fixed.

Cheers,

Wayne

Hi Wayne-

Unfortunately my family and I have been displaced by the Camp fire out here. It's not yet threatening our home but the nonstop smoke has been triggering my son's asthma. So I'm working on the road but slower than usual.

My two best ideas for the ratsnest issue were non-starters (thanks for testing!). Unfortunately it seems to only affect some Windows. I have a couple thoughts that I'm going to figure out patches for but I'm game for any input from others.

I agree with KDE assessment. But we should disable the system clipboard for these cases. Thoughts?

Best-
Seth