Re: Build failure on Fedora 29

Am 2018-12-09 10:24, schrieb Steven A. Falco:
I had been able to build KiCad successfully for Fedora 29, but
something has apparently changed very recently, because I am now
getting a build failure.

Below is part of my build log.  The error relates to an include file
called KHR/khrplatform.h:

[ 23%] Building CXX object

/builddir/build/BUILD/kicad-5.0.2/pcbnew/pcb_base_frame.cpp:42:
BUILDSTDERR: /usr/include/GL/glext.h:467:10: fatal error:
KHR/khrplatform.h: No such file or directory
BUILDSTDERR:  #include <KHR/khrplatform.h>
BUILDSTDERR:           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?  Is it a Fedora bug
or a KiCad bug?

	Steve

Hi Steve-

That is the Khronos group header file that is used for older OpenGL implementations. It is still included from the glext.h file.

It may be that the Fedora packaging changed who provides this file or the dependencies. Do you require mesa-libEGL-devel-** for the build? If not, adding it should fix the issue.

-S