Altium importer: Anybody already worked on this?

Hi All,
I would like to import Altium files into Kicad. I've tried Altium2Kicad. This kinda works, but it's written in a language i don't understand. Therefore I told the bugtracker and the forum I would like to build it again in C++, using fuctions of Kicad to do the actual writing of the board file:
https://forum.kicad.info/t/altium-2-kicad-converter-using-parts-of-the-kicad-source-code/14169/5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1755952
I was told somebody had already worked on it, but there were some concerns about the legal ramifications of reverse engineering the Compound File Binary File Format. however, it's not needed anymore to reverse engineer it, as both openoffice and Microsoft have published the specs:
https://winprotocoldoc.blob.core.windows.net/productionwindowsarchives/MS-CFB/[MS-CFB].pdf
https://www.openoffice.org/sc/compdocfileformat.pdf
Can I join the efforts to write or test the Altium importer?
Cheers,
Cedric

Follow ups