Re: Plugin in C++

With regards to plugins, it also depends on how you define a plugin.
Within KiCad
it is only the 3D visualization which is implemented as a run-time
loadable library
(commonly called a "plugin") and its API is specifically for the
visualization of 3D
models. There is a generic layer which was intended to help the development of
other plugin APIs for different purposes and I was hoping to be able
to provide a
C scripting interface but the task proved too difficult since it would
have required
some major refactoring of PCB's internals. Maybe one day ...

Cirilo