Re: [RFC] Symbol library file format

kristoffer Ödmark kirjoitti 2.1.2019 klo 12.32:

> I would rather have a new atomic file-format or storage format, so one
> could actually send a complete part in an easy way, that would include
> 3D-Files, SPICE data, symbol and footprints, and it would also mean that
> one could do the mapping to pins in that directory or file instead.
>
> And since the discussion about adding a manufacturer part number to
> libraries went nowhere, I cannot see how adding a SPICE model would fit
> here, and if SPICE models are added. Well then I suggest we add 3D-Files
> and Footprints as well, no use in half-assing it.

Agreed. Considering how much has changed (also outside KiCad) since the
new symbol format was drafted it may be worth a second look at the issues.

I would suggest having a second look with Horizon EDA if there is any
common ground as there are certainly only things to be gained from some
cooperation:

https://github.com/carrotIndustries/horizon/wiki/The-Pool

-Vesa