Re: Why we chose to put libraries in directories?

My 2 cents.

Having separate files is very convenient when dealing with Pull Requests on
the git libraries repos.
On the kicad-symbols repo (1 file contains many symbols) there are many
more merging conflicts than on kicad-footprints (1 file per footprint).

Having said that, I understand that zipping the files may improve speed,
but at the repo level, I think we should keep separate files and in
fact, kicad-symbols
should be more similar to kicad-footprints (1 file per footprint per the
reasoning above). And definitely not zip files which is something that
doesn't work well on a repo.

I understand that all this is better discussed in person at FOSDEM. Could
you guys update us all after the event? ;)

Thanks!