Re: Sponsoring KiCad development

I'm not a KiCad developer, but may have something useful to say before the
developers take part in the discussion (they may be busy with FOSDEM right
now). First, have you looked at the bug database? Some of your wishes are
already well known and even planned for the future. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bugs?orderby=-heat&start=0 (ordered by
"heat" which roughly can be taken as user interest level).

At least 2a and 2e are high in the wish list. 2d is possibly touched by two
items, "PcbNew group components
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1494079>" and "Support for repeating
subcircuits/channels/rooms <https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1521062>".
2g and also 2j might be part of the constraint system planned for 6.0
(mentioned earlier today in the FOSDEM 2019 presentation by Wayne
Stambaugh, https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/kicad/), it has been
discussed here.

I really hope you will find a way to sponsor some of these!

Eeli Kaikkonen

pe 1. helmik. 2019 klo 19.56 Schaarschmidt Wolf (wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx)