Re: Download mirrors.

Hi Wayne,

Thank your for the heads up and Digi-Key for the willingness.

For the moment I don't think it will be needed as such. We moved to an S3
bucket thing with he CERN services, I am not sure how it scales with
multiple downloads and how well it works on locations remote from Europe,
time will tell. You could try to test it as well. See [1]. It could be a
way to optimize later on.

I have not really tried to test multiple downloads from it systematically,
but my understanding is that it should perform fairly well in comparison to
the old downloads server. We also have the futureware mirror at [2],
although it has not been migrated completely. I think the usual download
speed if you are on a good connection yourself will be around 40 to 50 MB/s
or so. I think that is ok.

They should be free to ping me directly, I will probably CC you, some CERN
folks and some other trustees as I see fit.

Regards
Nick Østergaard

[1] https://kicad-downloads.s3.cern.ch/index.html
[2] http://www2.futureware.at/~nickoe/kicad-downloads-mirror/