Re: V6 merge update

On 2019-02-22 5:20 a.m., Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
At the minimum I would appreciate if clear notice is given when a new file format change is introduced and how it affects compatibility.
The mentions of upcoming file format changes raises the question of whether the file format document is up to date with all the changes. Will it also include information about upcoming changes to the format for v6 or would that information be placed in a separate version of the file format docs?

I'm mainly interested in the file format used by eeschema. Before I started using KiCad I used an old Windows based schematic capture program. I started writing some scripts to convert the schematic files created by that program in to files that will be compatible with KiCad.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick