Re: [patch] improved support for MS Visual Studio

Hi Seth,

On 06.03.19 20:16, Seth Hillbrand wrote:

> Thank you Tom!  I would love it if, after testing, we could consider
> switching our official MSW builds to MSVC.

At the moment, MSVC builds lack Python support, so that's a no go, also
we'd have to redo the entire packaging as that is msys2 based as well.

Python support on MSVC is non-trivial, because there is no such thing as
a default system python.

I have WiX based installers in the pipeline, but you might have noticed
that I haven't really gotten around to finishing anything substantial in
the last months, so that is a bit off still.

   Simon