Re: Patch: Extract LIB_PART read/write from SCH_LEGACY_PLUGIN_CACHE

Brian,

What exactly are you serializing to and from?  If it's just a string
saved to a loaded from a database, why not just add public methods to
the plugin object to serialize to and from a string?  That's how we
handled this in the board plugin.  I would also prefer to leave the
parsing and formatting code in the current file.  The formatter part of
this is going to go away most likely during v7 development but possibly
during v6 development depending upon how fast I can get the new file
format implemented.

Also, please do not force the GCC ABI version in the CMake config.  You
should be passing -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-fabi-version=2" and/or
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-fabi-version=2" on the command line when you call
CMake to generate the build files if you need a specific GCC ABI version
or any other personal compiler flags.  This kind of thing can cause all
kind of headaches for developers so it's frowned upon by most projects.

Cheers,

Wayne