kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Folks, I merged a removal of an older workaround prior to the intended
merge time. This was the -Bsymbolic patch from . It looks like it
was a bug in the linker that no longer exists but it also looks like we
never got a full resolution on it. I removed it because it prevents
throwing exceptions back from a DSO, which we'll need for cleaning
adding internal STEP processing without also catching the OCE segfaults.
Jon helpfully checked that it doesn't cause issues under Arch (where it
originally was reported).
That said, if it causes any issues, I'm happy to revert it. I know a
fair amount of work went into figuring out that bug and I don't want to
recreate that work. I had meant to hold it for the official merge
window but I lost track of my branches while fixing a different bug.