Re: [eeschema/question] use mouse position instead of custom position for selecting objects?

Brian

On 3/22/2019 12:32 PM, Brian Piccioni wrote:
> From a position of (mostly) ignorance, isn't the real question
>
> "how can things be off-grid in a system where all the coordinates are
> expressed in whole numbers"?
>
> I looked at the test file
> (https://kicad-info.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/2/26f98
> c3b4f02bdb0a4e47a18a05c5dba187cb199.zip), changed the grid to 1 mill, and I
> still can't get a wire to connect to the ends of the components (focusing
> mainly on BBC - see attachments)
>
> I can understand a situation where, for example, real number round results
> in an issue but here were have a file where everything is expressed as an
> integer, where the least significant digit corresponds to 1, the smallest
> gird, and yet somehow the parts are "off-grid". That doesn't seem to be a
> user error.

It should be obvious from your attached images that the wires do not end
at the exact same coordinate as the pin connection coordinate.  That's
why you still see the unconnected indicators.  Both of these coordinates
must be identical for a connection to be made.  When the grid is set to
1mil, it makes doing this really difficult.  If you use anything but a
50 mil grid to place symbols and/or draw wire and/or bus connections,
you are playing with fire.  Eeschema has always worked this way.  During
V6 development, connection snapping will be implement to resolve this issue.