Re: More wxString multi-threading issues

My $0.02: Is shifting the whole of kicad to wchar_t (along with all the necessary conversions to/from multibyte for IO) easier than wrapping some globals inside locks for thread-safety?  Having dealt with an application that uses ASCII, UTF-16, and UTF-8 in various contexts (my day job), I can say honestly that it’s a bit of a pain in the neck. What would break if these global strings were protected by FCFS locks?

-Brian