Re: Unfolding a bus....

Bits pushed.

Main parts are now in sch_line_drawing_tool.cpp.  BUS_UNFOLD_MENU starts on line 96, it’s added to the context menu at line 222, and the commands are dispatched starting at line 674.

BTW: there are some synthetic KICAD_T types that can be used for fishing out sub-types of KICAD_T.  Of interest will be SCH_LINE_LOCATE_BUS_T and SCH_LINE_LOCATE_WIRE_T.  (There have been similar ones for reference, value, footprint and datasheet SCH_FIELD_Ts for some time.)

Cheers,
Jeff.

> On 2 May 2019, at 20:41, Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> (I also got my simple test working by renaming my bus label from "D0..31" to "D[0..31]”.)
>
>> On 2 May 2019, at 20:39, Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> Ha!  Works right out of the box.
>>
>> I’ll push it to origin/eemodern shortly so you can have a look.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jeff.
>>

>>> On 2 May 2019, at 20:07, Jon Evans <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jeff,
>>> You can test unfolding using one of the demo projects that uses buses (for example: video)
>>>
>>> -Jon
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 2:57 PM Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>> Hi Jon,
>>>
>>> I’ve moved the bus unfolding menu to the modern toolkit and I’m trying to test it.  How do I give a bus connections?  I tried a wire2bus entry with a label on the wire, and connecting the wire to an annotated component, and giving the bus a label of “D0..D31”, but none of those worked.  (Or one of them did but I’ve got a bug somewhere.)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jeff.