kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: eemodern merge request
Am 2019-05-02 16:51, schrieb Jeff Young:
The eeschema modern toolset is “finished”.
It can be found at origin/eemodern. A bit of testing before merging
might be in order….
Note: this is just the schematic editor. The symbol editor will
Awesome work here Jeff! This is huge.
Playing around, I got a few crashes. One was after placing an image and
exiting but I can't seem to recreate it. The image placement itself is
a bit wonky so maybe the issue is in there. It looks like the images
don't update during placement until we zoom in/out and after placement
they disappear when zooming again.
The other was when duplicating a subsheet. Duplicate using right-click
menu, then cancel without placing. Then right-click again. This also
happens when we make a selection then Ctrl-D for duplicate then press
escape to cancel and then click.
If you copy a group of subsheets with Ctrl+C, then paste with Ctrl-V,
you get a series of rename dialogs for the subsheets and then a crash at
Other things are smaller and shouldn't hinder merging.
- Right-click inside a subsheet should have exit sub sheet as the first
- Double-click on a subsheet should enter the subsheet instead of
- Drag a connected resistor (G) and then press R to rotate. The
connected items are rotated with the resistor
- Drag a connected element (G) and then press M to move. You get the
element _and_ the connected items
- Rotate happens around an unknown point when you are rotating a group
of elements. Single element seems normal.
Thanks for taking this on Jeff! It's an amazing bit of work you've