Re: Some first impressions on our tool framework

On 07/05/2019 07:47, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> On 5/6/2019 9:02 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
>> On 06/05/2019 09:48, Jeff Young wrote:
>>> 1) I hate the coroutines.  They truncate backtraces in the debugger.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How about using ucontext.h on Unices (Linux/OSX) and WinFiber API on
>> Windows? I have working implementation of the latter already in the MSVC
>> branch. Are there any reasons to not use ucontext under Linux/OSX?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> I don't think we should be tackling this for v6.  Our v6 task list is
> plenty long already.  Let's shelve this discussion until v7 so we can
> take our time and come up with a plan that wont be too disruptive.

Hi Wayne,

I don't have any plans to rewrite the coroutine code during V6
development cycle or doing any other radical changes. The only stuff I
want to add is:
- winfiber backend (already done), which removes assembly code for
Win32/Win64 - the last obstacle for easy MSVC builds.
- proper caller address in the stack frame (so that Jeff will see full
stack traces)

Both of these changes are relatively minor.

Cheers,
Tom