Eagle plugin

I'm fixing a bug[1] in the Eagle plugin in Pcbnew when loading stand
alone Eagle footprint libraries.  The fix is easy enough but I'm not
sure why the original code was written this way.  When the Eagle plugin
in loads a board, it uses the board layer line widths instead of the
line width defined in the EWIRE object read from the file.  Since I'm
not an expert on the Eagle board file, do footprints in an Eagle board
file use the layer line width defined in some board layer definition or
does each EWIRE definition define its own line width?  Thanks in advance
for the help.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1829243