Re: Atomic Libraries Proposal

I still do not see that to be honest. Why would introducing a third element make anything saver? (Why would a verified triplet be superior to a verified fully specified symbol?)

Don't get me wrong the current (version 5) system has its weaknesses but i simply do not see how the proposed solution would be superior to what is already included in the new symbol file format (of version 6). Other than maybe making it more familiar to people coming from tools that went a similar way. But to users really care about the files or could this familiarity be better created with an improved GUI? I personally am kind of against doing something just because it is familiar. There should be a really good technical reason for it.

By the way i really do not understand why even the current v5 system would not allow for your use case. Make a library of fully specified and verified symbols. The only thing that i see it improving is that one can assign differing bom info or footprint connections to similar parts without duplicating symbols. But i kind of assumed the inheritance stuff of the new file format will do the same.