Re: I've somehow broken my build...

The “sub-apps” shouldn’t have a Frameworks folder, but use the one from the “parent” Kicad.app (otherwise all the libs would be duplicated).

Did you maybe issue a “make install” in your build folder?
After that (I guess due to rewriting the paths, including all the dependencies, and all what happens while creating the bundle) the build folder is pretty borked.
I tried to continue to use it for usual development, but it had weird errors.
I usually just delete it after a “make install" and start from scratch.

Regards,
Bernhard