Re: Undo paradigms

On 2019-05-27 11:05, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
On 27/05/2019 16:46, Jeff Young wrote:
Hi Seth,

The Eeschema has one advantage that if you mess it up you get too many undo steps rather than too few. But it is somewhat crankier code to get right.

I agree that we should have only one scheme. I don’t believe anyone’s working on it — although it would probably be Tom if anyone was.

Hi,

Some time ago we introduced with Orson the COMMIT object, which manages
atomic updates to the PCB, lightweight notifications as well as creation
of undo entries. How about porting this to eeschema?

Tom

Yup, that's exactly the idea.

-Seth