Re: General question about Kicad libraries...

Because SQL and databases in general are not good storage mediums for
libraries.  KiCad libraries are plain text files that are easy to parse
and format, portable, human readable, and do not require any additional
dependencies.  Databases are none of these.  I don't think corporate
inventory systems are the same thing as libraries even though the are
related.  Once the Python scripting is implemented during V6, this will
be the way to script corporate database support into KiCad.

Cheers,

Wayne