Re: Copy&pasting in eeschema

On 2019-06-05 13:31, Tom Crane wrote:
I have had problems copying and pasting certain individual components,
using the right-click method for both.  The symptom was no-effect when
right-click pasting despite the paste menu item not being greyed out.

Further investigation showed the components (eg. SM resistors) which
would not copy&paste had top-bit-set characters in some of their
fields whereas otherwise identical components without such characters
copy&pasted OK. Here is an example of a problem component definition;

Hi Tom-

This is a curious issue and sounds like it might be internal to our string handling. Could you please file a bug report at the bug tracker? It will greatly assist our ability to keep track of the problem, the versions it affects and the resolution.

Thanks-
Seth