HotKey config

Individual hotkey config files need to be able to be sparse.  So for instance an “Eagle HotKeys” file can specify just those ACTIONs it wanted to match with Eagle.  The user can then read as many of these as they like.

But what about the “standard” user config file where we store hotkey assignments made through the GUI?  It could also be sparse (ie: list only those ACTIONs which had hotkeys different from the default), which would make it shorter, and give an indication of which hotkeys had been overridden.  Or it could be “full” (ie: contain all ACTIONs), which would give a useful cheat-sheet of what all the action names were.

I’m currently leaning toward “full”, but I’ve already gone back and forth several times….

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jeff.

Follow ups