Re: running multiple versions of KiCad on macOS

On 2019-06-12 17:38, Adam Wolf wrote:
Seeing Seppe's patch made me think of something I tried to do last
time, but ended up running out of time.

What do folks think about changing the data directory for macOS to
have the major version, to make it a little easier to run KiCad 5 and
6 on the same computer?  Am I opening a can of worms?

Adam Wolf

Hi Adam-

I really like this idea. You can do it in your CMake configure line by setting -DKICAD_CONFIG_DIR=XXXX

Right now, it defaults to 'kicad'. If you change it to 'kicad6.0', you'll get a fresh config directory when you start and shouldn't overlap with the existing config. I use this to separate multiple builds (debug/release/v5/etc) on my machine.

-Seth