Re: Zones 45 degree

Tom,

On 6/24/19 5:57 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 24/06/2019 11:50, Simon Richter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 12:43:47AM -0400, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
>>
>>> 1) a double-joint in the final connection
>>
>> Hm, that might be an interesting creation mode: draw the outline as if it
>> were a trace.
>>
>> I'm not entirely convinced that there are many use cases for that though.
>
> Hi,
>
> This is coming in the geometric constraint solver work package...
>
> Tom

The geometric constraint solver will be the solution for v6 but this
still leaves us with the issue of what to do for the 5.1 branch.  I
believe that this bug has indeed been around since this was implemented.
 I guess the question is what to do about it?  Since the constraint
solver hasn't been merged into the master branch, I'm guessing that
fixing this in the master branch should be fairly easily cherry-picked
into the 5.1 branch.

I like Seth's "disabling end-point dragging in the outline - only
center-point dragging and with the Alternate constraint fixed on"
proposal as a fix.  It been a while but I'm pretty sure the intent of
the 45 degree zone setting was to always maintain the constraint not
just when the zone was created.

Cheers,