Re: Pointers to start contributing

Agreed! I was literally about to suggest the same thing. Add to this page:
http://kicad-pcb.org/contribute/developers/

That type of info (from Seth just now) would best be served I think though
on a KiCad wiki, where any developer or contributor with edit access can
just jump in and click an edit button and type that up or make edits or
improvements as they see fit. Would it be possible for KiCad to get a wiki?
The wiki could grow to include a ton of info like this, and would be very
beneficial to everyone. It could even include KiCad tutorials and things,
and wikis can move and be updated much faster than other types of
documentation (think Wikipedia as an example). I have access to a wiki at
work, for instance, which I use all the time to document commands, how-tos,
programming instructions, hardware details, etc. It's super useful. And
since other people have edit privileges too, I tell them if they see a
mistake in my page while they are following my tutorial to just fix it and
be done. It takes out the overhead of going back and forth.

The Wiki service we use at my work is called "Phriction", and it is part of
a bigger suite of developer software called "Phacility."
Phriction wiki info page: https://www.phacility.com/phabricator/phriction/
Pricing page (it's free and open source!):
https://www.phacility.com/pricing/
Installation guide (this guide itself is a Phriction wiki page, so here's
what one looks like!):
https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/installation_guide/

What do you all think? Can KiCad make a wiki?

Gabriel

*Check out my Computa Pranksta
<https://www.amazon.com/Computa-Pranksta-Keyboard-Device-50-Settings/dp/B06ZYZ2GTB/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=wwwel-20&linkId=9658f0731a67191094d079bb8111fc36>
USB