Re: KiCad keycaps (KiCaps?)

A quick google and I couldn't find anything.  'Mechanical' keyboards (keyboards that use actual switches, one per key) have (for the most part) become standardized, so there is a common keycap that will work on any mechanical keyboard.  Laptop keyboards on the other hand are (as far as I know) all membrane-based, usually using scissor switch keys.  These aren't actually switches, just a style of plastic mechanical linkage to make the keyboard feel nicer.  They're why laptop keyboards all fairly suddenly got quite nice to type on, to the point that Apple uses them even for their desktop keyboards.  But since there is no actual switch and just bits of plastic, that means every company has their own version and there is no real compatibility between keycaps or anything else in the world of laptop keyboards, so there may not be much hope for now :(.

Another aspect as mechanical keyboards have turned into... I dunno, a hobby?  If you checkout /r/MechanicalKeyboards ( https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/> ) you'll see what I mean haha.

One possibility though is there may be places that can print onto thick, rigid objects that could do it pretty cheaply if you have the keycaps.  I know from personal experience that the apple laptop and desktop keyboard keycaps are removable and snap right back on.