Re: Undo proposal

On 7/2/2019 4:01 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> ti 2. heinäk. 2019 klo 22.42 Jeff Young (jeff@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxx>) kirjoitti:
>
>     Reusable sheets are undeniably cool.  But how often are they used?
>     Are they worth the headache/bugs/limitations/etc.?
>

> What are "reusable sheets"? I have tried a couple of things. Copying a
> whole file to another project; File->Append; copying from inside one
> file into another with a text editor; and copy/paste in eeschema. Is
> reusable sheet something different? If yes, I guess it's not really used
> often. Every now and then people ask in the user forum about the ways of
> reusing schematic blocks, but I haven't heard about other than the
> mentioned solutions. And I don't see how editing in one project would
> break something in another with those solutions, because in all cases
> schematic is copied in its current condition, and the problems must be
> dealt with in the moment the schematic is taken into another project.
> Further editing in the original project wouldn't have any effect to the
> other project.
>
> Eeli Kaikkonen

Complex hierarchy description can be found at
http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/5.1.2/en/eeschema/eeschema.html#complex-hierarchy.
 It is fairly common to reuse schematics in multiple designs.  This does
not mean that you copy the schematic to a new project folder every time.
 This means that you have a circuit design that you do no want to change
in multiple designs.  Once you reuse an existing schematic in a design,
any changes to it will effect all designs that share a sheet.  It's
pretty straight forward in terms of user usage.