Re: RFC: KiCad windows installer proposal

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 02:04:15AM -0700, Andrew Lutsenko wrote:

> I agree, if my proposal won't be accepted as is then whatever changes I
> will make should be properly tested and won't be rushed for 5.1.3. But if
> no changes will be required then all the hard work is done already. Just
> need to merge the PR, run the build and upload both executables.

I'm largely in favour, because I don't see myself getting around to
replacing the entire installer with something sensible soon.

The long term plan is to build an MSI based installer, because that leaves
the option of either embedding the cabinet files into the MSI or leaving
them external, and allows building binary patch installers that can upgrade
existing installations in-place.

   Simon