Re: Benchmarking kicad compilation on CPUs released 6 years apart

Let me encourage some of y'all to stick with an older machine, or keep it
around for testing... the latest build of KiCAD is noticeably laggy on my
machine, which is not terribly fast (but also not that old).  It makes some
of the bugs I have reported worse, and their fixes have been pushed out to
6.x (for perfectly good reasons).

I am a bit manic, though, as Jon can attest; patience is last on my list of
accessible virtues.

*Drew Van Zandt*