Re: Interpreting the ARC command

On 2019-11-14 5:43 p.m., Brian wrote:
On 11/14/19 5:20 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
It is always possible to draw with four contraints if you were to use center point, radius, start angle, end angle.

There are different sets of constraints from which to pick.  The set of four you described are indeed immune from self-inconsistency problems, but as such they don't answer the question of >180 or <180 sweep

Good point. In that case I would change the fourth parameter to sweep angle. It would be a value between 0 and 360 and either positive or negative to indicate the extant of the arc and its direction of travel.

KiCad has a method for specifying the data for an arc so this is more just ideas of other ways it can be done.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick