Re: Back annotate references from PCB

I probably don't understand everything which has been said, but as far as I
can see there are actually two things going on which could and should be
independent.

1. Doing geographical reannotation in pcb.
2. Propagating changes made in the pcb back to the schematic.

I believe they should be completely different, and number 2 should be
generic, taking care of all changes which reasonably can be propagated from
the board to the schematic. Basically Update PCB from Schematic backwards,
i.e. Update Schematic from Board. With a similar UI dialog, of course. Undo
could also be similar. Or do I just think it's so "simple" and can't see
something?

It's easy to see that number 1 isn't difficult and could be done with a
python script (although many people would like to see it in the main KiCad,
I think).

Eeli Kaikkonen

su 24. marrask. 2019 klo 8.57 Alexander Shuklin (jasuramme@xxxxxxxxx)