Re: Question about gerber job file numeric format

OK, so both the JSON format itself and the Ucamco gerber format (which is
not necessarily the same as the job file format, but hey) specify storing
doubles.
But, the examples in the Ucamco doc, and KiCad itself, do not store doubles.

I have to imagine that the gerber job file format is so new that it isn't
entrenched in anyone's workflow yet, and if it is, they are not relying on
this quirk of KiCad's implementation (but anything is possible).
The only way to get KiCad's behavior is through manual formatting of JSON,
so anyone who writes software that parses job files through a JSON parsing
library is going to have those values "upcasted" anyway.

My personal opinion is that we should bite the bullet and change the
behavior to comply with the standard (i.e. store doubles), and also suggest
to Ucamco that they revise the job file spec to be more explicit about this.

Perhaps JP should weigh in on this as well.

-Jon