New docked window, hotkeys stolen by KiCAD

KiCommand creates a Pane managed by the AUI Manager.

manager = wx.aui.AuiManager.GetManager(parent)
manager.AddPane( self.__class__.g, pane )

However, when this pane is docked, KiCAD steals hotkeys, like the key “o” and prevents the user from entering that key into the KiCommand pane.

I had trouble in 4.x with this same problem and I am still seeing in in (5.1.5)-3 release, on Windows.

Is there anything that I can do to solve or further narrow down the cause of this problem?

Greg S.