[Kicad source code]

Hi,
I posted this question on the kicad forums website and someone directed me
to the developer's mailing list instead of that forum. I have been looking
into the source code in order to develop my own project and I have a
question regarding the Eeschema source code.
In particular, is there a specific file or function in the source code that
tells us how to place a symbol from the library to the schematic board?I
would like to be able to click a button and have the component appear, akin
to how when we use the "Place Symbol" icon, it brings us to the code
written in "dialog_choose_component.cpp".
Best wishes,
Andrea

Follow ups