eeSchema : force refresh of all schematics

Hi

I am working on updating eeschema annotation. I expanded it to work on a selection and current sheet + all subsheets.

I am stuck on a weird problem: my code does indeed update all the annotation. I have an unexpected problem with subsheets re-annotation sequencing but I know how to deal with that.

My problem is this: only the displayed sheet is shown as re-annotated. So if I have R?, R?, R? R? on the displayed sheet and C?, C?, C?, C? on a subsheet I end up with R1, R2, R3, R4 on the displayed sheet but still C?, C?, C?, C? on the subsheet.

However, if I save the files and reopen the schematic, C?, C?, C?, C? have indeed been numbered.

It appears eeSchema caches a pre-rendered version of each schematic and I need to flush that cache.

Any suggestions as to how I can flush this cache and/or force all the rendered schematics to be re-rendered? I've tried every permutation of refresh, I can think of.

Thanks

Brian