Re: What is a global variable, and why we don't need them.

On 4/13/20 7:39 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Individual
> PROJECT clients view their libraries through the lens of their own FP_LIB_TABLE.
>
> If at that point shared pointers were introduced, it might be too bad to get to shared
> libraries.  If something is in the way of this, then maybe you remove it.

Of course I meant in the FP_LIB_TABLE goes the shared pointers, and you'd have to track
which have been opened already in a name map.

Also, to help the guy who deletes a library part in Eeschema from one project that is not
using it, and just so happens to have another schematic open that is still using it, you
might give that guy some more shared pointers too.  This is when pointing to the library
part instead of including it.  Pcbnew is perhaps an easier implementation in this regard,
since it uses inclusion (=duplication) rather than pointer to footprints in a library.

In any case, other issues may be invisible from where we stand now.

But where there is a will, there is a way.