Re: Google Season of Docs

This might work out well. There's certainly no shortage of documentation updates. We'd really need at least two people who can step up to the work required to manage this. I could help with one slot. The work involved includes task organization, regular meetings with the writer and evaluation write-ups after the program. The management aspect is a non-trivial commitment.

Also, I think this might reach the documentation team better on their dedicated list (https://launchpad.net/~kicad-doc-devs)

-Seth

Seth Hillbrand
KiCad Services Corporation
https://www.kipro-pcb.com
+1 530 302 5483 | +1 212 603 9372

On 2020-04-22 06:21, Ian McInerney wrote:

Google is running a program later this year called "Season of Docs" where they partner technical writers with open source projects to update/expand the project's documentation. Information here: https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs.

It could be a good opportunity to get some help with the KiCad documentation - and maybe try to also begin updating it with the new v6 features.

I don't follow the docs closely enough to know what projects might be in need of work, so what do people involved with the docs think of this?

-Ian