v6 breaking changes to eeschema - starting new refactor wise?

Hi all,

I'm starting to dig through the code to understand how to implement a new
annotation scheme (all looks deceptively simple in terms of object
manipulation... there will be a crocodile hiding there somewhere I'm
sure!). However, I've noted in a few bug reports and new feature requests
that there are likely to be significant changes to eeschema moving towards
v6 (last reference I saw was in relation to vector and group busses). So,
is it wise to start looking at a significant feature now (if the big
changes have happened already), or wait until those changes are made, or is
this not actually an issue? Just trying to avoid wasting effort and then
have to re-duplicate it later!

Thanks,
James.

Follow ups