Build Server for MacOS

Hello KiCad team,

I am new to kicad and was thinking about helping with the MacOS CI.

Ian McInerney was mentioning on https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/merge_requests/218 that "currently there are no reliable macOS CI solutions for KiCad".

We don't currently have a reliable macOS CI solution. GitLab doesn't provide one out of the box, and the nightly build server sometimes has issues that aren't related to the code, but instead to packaging.

I am wondering if someone is working on a "new" macOS CI or do have some experience there?

I found two CIs provider which are free for MacOS open-source Projects:

https://travis-ci.com/plans

https://www.appveyor.com/pricing/

=> appveyor seems to directly support gitlab
=> travis only supports github => build needs to go over github mirror of kicad repo..

So I think appveyor might be worth a try.

What do you think?

Stefan

Follow ups